Friday, May 29, 2009

Locks for Love

Before picture with my long wavy hair
Diane measured and positioned my ponytail (yes, that is 10 inches)

Me with straightened and shorter hair ( yes, my eyes are closed)

I still can't believe I did it, but I DID and I have pictures to prove it!!! As I shared with you yesterday it was my dad's birthday and the one year anniversary of the passing of Chris's dad. They both died of cancer. In honor of their memory and to help someone battling cancer today I decided to have 10 inches of my hair cut to donate to Locks of Love. I really like my new style and since I have a natural wave I can't wait to see how it's going to look "curly". Seriously I needed a change and was tired of it being so long anyway, so don't go "patting me on the back". It's only hair and it will grow back. Many of my friends, Lisa Q., Dana B., and Jenny D. have all donated their hair to organizations like Locks of Love. If you'd like to donate go to http://www.locksoflove.org/ and check out the requirements. I can only imagine how much these wigs made from donated hair can boost a child's spirit in the midst of cancer. Think about it; if you have long hair this might be what YOU can do for someone else. Let me know.


Have a fantastic weekend.
Go be a blessing ....

No comments:

Forget Skinny, Find Healthy