Wednesday, June 10, 2009

June 10, 1981 a day I'll never forget

I woke up this morning at 5:00 a.m. and realized it was June 10th. 28 years ago today during VBS at Tucapau Baptist church I prayed to ask Jesus into my heart :-) I was 11 years old and had wanted to ask Jesus into my heart for some time. Every Sunday at the close of the morning worship we would sing "Just as I am". The preacher would give the invitation and this little mill hill girl would struggle with the desire to accept Jesus and the long walk to the front to meet the preacher (as we sat on the 3rd pew from the back). I used to be very quiet and shy and getting up and walking in front of everyone was more than my nerves could bare. Then comes VBS. Our youth minister at the time (who is now a pastor) Dr. Wayne Dickard taught the Bible lesson. When he finished he asked us to bow our heads and close our eyes, he said if anyone wanted to pray to accept Jesus just raise your hand? Wow!! this was my moment. I lifted my hand and after class we went to the pastors study and on my knees I prayed and invited Jesus to be Lord of my life. Soon there after I made that long walk from the back of the church to my pastor to let the congregation know what I had done and to baptized. It was that simple.

BUT a lot has happened since those days of my youth. Praise God the Lord had His hand on me all through out high school, college and dating ( I wasn't into drugs or premarital sex or alcohol). I had 3 older brothers and I learned from their mistakes and tried to avoid them. I was and am, however, human and my (our) walk with Christ is a life long process. I just told me daughter last week how much I love the children's song, "He's still working on me". Jesus is still working on me, Praise God for that, I need ALL of the help I can get. Just this morning at 5:00 a.m. I repented of some ever present sins in my thought life, like me being a little to critical of others. Right then and there today on the anniversary of my salvation I rededicated my life to the Lord. I told Chris as soon as he got up and he suggested I read Psalm 51 : 10-14 I have it posted below for you to read also. Today is the best day to accept Jesus. If you don't know Him what is holding you back? Are you sitting to far back in the pew? Is there a sin you don't want to let go of? Trust me He is ALL you need. If I can pray with you or be of help email me susanbneal@gmail.com I am a sinner saved by grace and you can be too.


Psalm 51:10-14 (New King James Version)
Create in me a clean heart, O God,
And renew a steadfast spirit within me.
Do not cast me away from Your presence,
And do not take Your Holy Spirit from me.
Restore to me the joy of Your salvation,
And uphold me by Your generous Spirit.
Then I will teach transgressors Your ways,
And sinners shall be converted to You.
Deliver me from the guilt of bloodshed, O God,
The God of my salvation,
And my tongue shall sing aloud of Your righteousness.

Amen.

P.S. http://www.intouch.org/ is the daily devotion that I use to study my Bible each morning. I have the actual book but you can go to that site and read a devotion online every day. My devotion this morning was titled appropriately enough "Our thought Life" ... now you tell me that God isn't still working on me. He gives me what I need just when I need it and He will do the same for you :-) WOW ... what a morning.

No comments:

Forget Skinny, Find Healthy