Friday, June 26, 2009

observations

Well, I've been apart of Face book for about a week now. It's an interesting way to check out what is going on with others. You know the old saying; "A picture is worth a thousand words"? well ... I am learning a lot about people just from their pictures. Being in church all the time I constantly hear that people are watching us (how we live our lives, the choices we make, the places we go, what we say etc.). I can say that is true of Face book. It's like watching people. I found out I have a relative, who if I understand her statements correctly, she doesn't believe there is a hell. Ok so now my territory has been expanded as I seek to pray and reach out to her. I want to ask you to pray for me as I seek the Lord's guidance on exactly what to say. I haven't spoken to her in many years as she lives out of the area and is much older than me. Nonetheless I care about her soul and need to share with her.

I used to be a Michael Jackson fan back in high school and always thought Farrah Fawcett was a beautiful lady. I secretly hoped Ed McMahon would come to my door with a check for a million dollars with American Family Publishers. With their passing this week I have seen lots of pictures of them on the news and Internet. Locally a young man I have never heard of drowned in the Pacolet river ( I could tell from his picture he was a sweet heart). We need to pray for all of these families, famous or not, the lives of those lost were important and their families are grieving.

We see a lot in this world as our lives are but snapshots of who we are and how others see us. Time is of most importance ... we need to see everyone as a lost soul until we know differently. A picture really is worth a thousand words. What does your picture say?

Go be a blessing ...

No comments:

Forget Skinny, Find Healthy