Thursday, August 6, 2009

A word from the Lord

Psalm 143:8 "Cause me to hear Your loving kindness in the morning, For in you do I trust; Cause me to know the way in which I should walk, for I lift up my soul to You."

This is a verse the Lord brought to my attention today. He has put it on my heart to make this a verse for me and Olivia to memorize and recite every morning before home school. What a powerful verse. God is so good to us, to give us his word and make it new each morning. Pray for us as we begin our home school journey this coming Monday August 10th. We are excited.

On a side note; please pray for a friend of mine from church, I'll call her E. She told us in Bible study last night that she used to read God's word, but has put it aside and hasn't been able to work it back into her busy schedule. She really wants to get back in the word. We told her we would be praying for her and I want to ask if you could pray for her as well.

Sharing our burdens and praying for each other is what keeps us humble and strong. Jesus commands that we love others as ourselves. It's not always easy, but with Christ we can do all things ... according to the promises of his word.

Go be a blessing.

John 15:12 (New King James Version)
12 This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you.

Philippians 4:13
"I can do all things through Him who strengthens me."

"God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that always having all sufficiency in everything, you may have an abundance for every good deed."
2 Corinthians 9:8

No comments:

Forget Skinny, Find Healthy