Wednesday, July 21, 2010

thinking of 6th grade

Hello friends, I can't believe that it's almost time for our second year of homeschooling to begin. I am very excited and looking forward to what the Lord has in store for us. I learned so much this past school year and will put that knowledge to good use as we travel this road of home schooling again. Our books arrived in the mail this week and I have typed up a new daily schedule. We will start school on August the 9th or the 16th ( I have not decided yet). The curriculum for 6 grade looks interesting. I can remember my 6th grade teacher Mrs. Sherry Lindsay. She was awesome in and out of the classroom. I can still see her spinning the globe on one hand and pointing out land masses with the other. When we would go outside to play sports she didn't sit on the sidelines and watch, she played the game with us. The best memory of her though had to be when she brought her guitar to class and taught us a John Denver song. Our class sang it for all the parents during PTA. That was so much fun. I hope to make Olivia's 6th grade school year just as exciting. I haven't started planning lessons yet, but I will keep Mrs. Lindsay's enthusiasm and creativity in mind :)

Olivia's foot has healed up nicely from her sprain. She is back on her scooter and doing well; thanks for the prayers. As far as foster updates go we are now in the home stretch ( 4 weeks until we have our license ... if all goes well). After a trip to our storage building I was surprised to find how many of Olivia's clothes I had kept. I have been washing and sorting them today. My sweet friend Shelly called yesterday and is offering crib sheets, pull ups and other items from her son. I feel so blessed. I can't thank the Lord enough. I am so happy :)

Speaking of Happy ... I'd like to wish my friend from college Rosellen a Happy 40th Birthday on the 19th as well as my brother Joey :) Happy Birthday wishes also go out to my friend since birth Karen Snow Johnson whose birthday is this Friday. Happy Birthday to all of you :)

Many blessings ...

No comments:

Forget Skinny, Find Healthy