Sunday, August 29, 2010

We pick up our first foster child tomorrow !!!!

So we got the call we have been waiting on this past Thursday ... we are now licensed foster parents !!!! We will pick up our first foster child in the morning. I can tell you that she is 5 years old and they say she's 'cute as a button'. By now you are probably thinking back to where I said I was only going to foster children from birth to 4. You know I home school and I didn't want to have to get up and take a child out to school. Well, I did say that but I have had a change of heart and will be registering this child for school and getting up to take her :) Oh well ... so much for sleeping in, lol. I get up around 6:30 anyway so it's not going to be a problem for me; we'll see how my Livie does :) She'll be fine. She is thrilled and can't wait to meet this little girl. We found out about her on Thursday, then had a DSS person here Friday morning, then spent Friday afternoon shopping for clothes and a booster seat. I was completely prepared with clothing to fit birth, 2T, 3T and 4T, but no size 5 clothing. We had so much fun shopping for her and hope the clothes we picked out will fit. We feel so blessed to be able to help her. I know everyone always wants to know why children come into care, but please understand when I say that I can't tell you. I have signed a confidentiality form to protect her or any other foster child's privacy. Think about your own child and if something bad happened to them or if they weren't properly cared for, would you want others knowing their business? Probably not. We will treat these children as our own and respect their privacy. Thank you in advance for understanding.

So now that I have addressed the news, the excitement, and the privacy I will ask that you pray for our new addition. Pray for her as she adjusts to us and a new school. Pray for Olivia and her to have a special friendship. Pray for wisdom for us in being foster parents ... this child is our first so we are learning as we step out on faith. Pray for the Lords will to be done.

Thanks friends. Now I have to see if I can sleep so I won't go pick her up with bags under my eyes :) We'll keep you posted. It's late and I am tired so forgive the grammar errors as I am sure they are all over this. :)

Go be a blessing ...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Praying... please keep us posted on how things are going with your new addition. I am excited with you!

Tina B.

Susan said...

Thanks Tina :) Our first day and night went great. She is in school now and Olivia and I are back to homeschooling. I appreciate your prayers. I saw the pictures of your play day with Melanie ... Zachary is such a big boy ( I miss him) and then Anna Grace is so precious as well. Let's get together soon. Love, Susan

Forget Skinny, Find Healthy