Saturday, December 15, 2012

December

So much has happened since I last blogged in October.  I had a sleep study at North Grove Medical Park.  That was a night I won't soon forget. I was connected to 27 little wires and two large straps around my waist and chest.  I didn't feel like I slept at all, but the technician assured me that I did.  It wasn't the worse thing in the world, but I'm glad it's over.  I then had an MRI ( honestly I'd rather have another MRI than another sleep study).  I found out on the same day that the results of the sleep study showed no sleep apnea !!! That was a blessing.  The doctor went on to tell me that the MRI didn't show a tumor on my ear canal, another blessing !!! I think I floated out of his office on that Friday morning.  What a praise.  I don't go back to see him until February so it's nice to have a break from the testing for a while.  :-) We still don't know why I lost my hearing, but it could be a case of Bell's Palsy.  Instead of the palsy coming out through my face, it went back into my ear drum.  Or the doctor said it could have been viral.  We just don't know.  I am trusting the Lord as He is getting me adjusted to the "new" sounds I hear and don't hear.  I still don't enjoy music, but Charles Billingsley's concert was awesome.

Chris has killed a couple of deer and still enjoys the hunt.  He took Olivia hunting this evening.  They didn't see anything, but they had a good time.  I like to go with him to get the memory card from the deer cam.  We enjoy watching the video of the deer and other wildlife.  We've seen deer, raccoons, a fox, turkeys and even coyotes.  The woods are a very peaceful place.

Olivia is doing excellent in school.  I don't like to brag so I won't.  One of my pet peeves is when people post their kids grades on face book.  Seriously ... they are grades.  They will not make or break you in this life.  I'm not a numbers kind of mom.  I know she is brilliant; I live with her and have taught her. What makes me proud is when she comes home from helping with the special Olympics and she can't stop talking about the kids who touched her heart.  Last week her school chorus sang in a nursing home and she went on and on about a sweet man with a beard like Santa.  She hugged him.  I love that she sees people as people.  She is kind and compassionate. I couldn't be more proud of the young lady she is turning into. I pray for her daily ( moment by moment many times).  She is a blessing.

She and Chris take good care of me and I love them so much.  I am a thankful wife and mother.   God is good ... all the time. 

Forget Skinny, Find Healthy