Thursday, May 8, 2014

Calling all prayer warriors :)

Back on August 29, 2010 a very happy me, shared on this blog wall that we were a new licensed foster family.  My blog went on to tell how excited we were to be picking up our first foster child that next morning.  All we knew was that she was 5 and "cute as a button".  I asked for prayer for her and our family as we would soon be meeting.  Fast forward until today, May 8, 2014 once again I have some big news to share, but unfortunately I can't share all of it just yet.  I will tell you that we are in the final stages of trying to become a licensed to adopt family.  Those of you who know me know that I am an open book.  Right now I can't be so open, but in time I will share the details of  many things going on behind the scenes in our family.  The reason I am sharing this much is because I believe in the power of group prayer.  I am currently reading  a book called, Pray Like it Matters, given to us by our pastor.  This verse from Acts is highlighted in the first chapter.  Acts1:14 says, "These all with one mind were continually devoting themselves to prayer, along with the women, and Mary the mother of Jesus, and with His brothers." People in the bible days came together to pray and they saw many miraculous things happen.  I still believe in miracles and I certainly believe in prayer.  So this blog is for one purpose and that is for you to consider joining me and my family in praying for a situation I cannot yet discuss? I want you to go through the ACTS type of prayer:

A - Adoration
C- Confession
T- Thanksgiving
S- Supplication (here is what I'd like to ask, pray the Lord's will for our family and this situation).

If you will commit to pray for us this month and next month, then just tell me on facebook or here or in a private message.  We need encouragement and prayer.  This morning when I woke up and called out to the Lord because of a disappointment that I got yesterday in regards to the above mentioned situation, the Lord gave me these two verses: Hebrews 12: 1-2 "Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us, 2 fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith. For the joy set before him he endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God."  There is a joy set before us and you all are our witnesses.  Help pray with me that we will throw off the daily things that hinders our faith and pray that we will draw on the strength that comes from Jesus. 

If you are willing to pray for us weekly for the month of May and June let me know.  Thanking you in advance. 

Love and prayers for you all.

Be a blessing . . .

Forget Skinny, Find Healthy