Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Go and Tell



Wow, what a load on my mind today. I just read Charles Stanley's In Touch devotion and it was about sharing the good news of Jesus with others. On October 17th I found out that a longtime family friend was in the hospital in very bad health, to the point of possible death in a short amount of time. I had an urgency to go visit this person because I was unsure of his salvation. Chris and I went to the hospital on the 19th. The man before me looked as I remembered but thinner and older as time takes it's toll. He knew who I was and spoke few words. Golf was on TV and I asked if I could turn it down. He turned down the volume and I moved to the other side of the bed to sit down. Chris was sitting there too. I knew I wanted to ask him about his relationship with the Lord, but I kept finding myself asking him if I could straighten his pillow or feed him the Jell-O that was in front of him. He said no, he was ok. I asked him if we could pray for him and he said that would be fine. I had tears and kept wondering if the Lord was ever going to give me the words to say to find out about his salvation. My mind was spinning and I was trying to pray silently. That's when my God fearing,  Chris took over and told him about the Lord's plan for all of us to come to know Him as savior. This frail man said that he had done that. Chris asked a few more questions and he said he had a relationship with the Lord. Chris went on to ask if he could pray with him and he said yes. Chris said can I hold your hand and this man moved his hand from the cover and I watched as their two hands came together and I placed my hand on top of theirs. Chris prayed, I cried. We told him that we were praying for him and his family and we left. He was moved to Hospice house the very next day. I have the hospice house number right here  next to the computer and was about to call to check on him when I got a text from a friend that he passed last night. People we have to be ready and we have to tell others about Jesus. I had no part in his salvation, nor did Chris, we were just obedient to the call to go see him. Oh if my heart only had an urgency for other lost people who aren’t on their death bed.  I have been convicted this morning. 

We can't wait to tell someone about the Lord. I went to see him because I was told he was dying. Y'all we are all dying in our sin. I stood by a dying mans bed and could not tell him about Jesus' love for him. The words would not come!!! However, Chris took over and he made my heart proud.  What I have learned is that God gives each of us spiritual gifts to use and He equips those He has called at just the right time.  Chris Neal has the gift of sharing and he covered all that needed to be covered. Even though I knew all that Chris said, those words just did not flow so easily from me at that point in time. I'm an emotional being.  I am not a speaker, I am a writer.  I will be typing up the gospel soon to share with many children and teens who will come to our door on Halloween.  That is one way I can share the love of Jesus.  My blog is another way I share the gospel.  My point is we all have our own way to share Jesus.  We all have spiritual gifts and can make a difference in our own way. Find your way to share Jesus and do it !!! That's all He asks.

I am thankful for a savior who never leaves us and who sent His Holy Spirit to guide us and nudge us and help us along this journey of life.  Death is just the beginning of eternal life for the believer.  Either way we win.

I am going to take a few moments to pray for each of you who reads this and I am going to ask the Lord to show you how He wants to use you today.  If you want to share over the next few days, please do. 

Go be a blessing . . .

 "Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” Amen. Matthew 28: 19-20

Forget Skinny, Find Healthy