Friday, December 5, 2008

Pajama Day, Birthday ...

Olivia's school is having Pajama day today and boy is it fun. I wore my PJ's to drive her to school and honestly I could get used to that. Her principal had on his PJ's and robe as he greeted the students. I laughed as I watched all the pink, purple and camo prints walk down the sidewalk. The students could also bring a blanket and small stuffed animal. Olivia wore penguin p.j.'s so she took her penguin webkins with her ( it's all about matching these days...). Anyway, it's amazing how much fun a day can evoke on people; just by calling it Pajama Day.

Another day that brings happiness is a birthday and today is mine :-) Now that is a FUN DAY. My first happy birthday wish came from my sweet Chris. Next my brother sent me a text greeting, then my Livie sang me a happy birthday song, then my friend Lisa called and sang happy birthday (all this happened before 7:15 a.m.). You see why I like birthdays? can you tell I was the baby of the family and ONLY girl? I wasn't spoiled with material things because growing up our family never had any money, but I sure was showered with love and I'll take that every day.

I thank God for my life and for allowing me to enjoy 39 years on this earth. My husband sent me an e-card and he said "Suki is looking fine at 39" :-). So what more could a woman ask for? I am blessed with a precious husband who still thinks I'm hot after 13 years and some extra pounds. We have an amazing daughter and a bounty of loving family and friends. The Lord is to be praised for his blessings on us.

I have many wonderful things planned today. Starting at 9:00 to 10:00 praying for my church for our 600 hours of prayer campaign. Then at 10:05 I'll be reading at my daughters school as a volunteer. I am meeting Chris for lunch then will see my family after school. Later we have dinner plans with some friends. I'll post pictures tonight. What a grand day! This is the day the Lord has made and I will rejoice and be glad in it.

Have a blessed day.

3 comments:

Laura said...

Happy Birthday to you.....
Happy Birthday to you.....
Happy Birthday dear Susan....
Happy Birthday to you!!!!!
:o)
I hope you have a WONDERFUL day celebrating!

Hugs,
Laura

Vonda said...

Happy Birthday from Germany, Susan! One day I'm gonna start sending real cards through the mail again. I'm kinda busy these days with these 2 sweet babies, but please know I was thinking about you. Sounds like you had a great day!

And the pajamas sounds like such fun! Maybe you should try that every day although you may get some funny looks through the carpool line. ;) Hee hee!

Susan said...

Thank you both for the birthday wishes. I love email and being able to keep in touch with both of you even though y'all live many miles away. I thank God for my sweet girlfriends. love y'all, Susan

Forget Skinny, Find Healthy