Friday, January 2, 2009

My future

As I finished my quiet time this morning I sat at the kitchen table thinking about what I would blog about today. It's a new year and time to think of the future. Every night I write out a daily check off list of the tasks I hope to accomplish for the week. If some things don't get checked off of one day, I'll just move them to a more realistic day to get them taken care of. Along with that list I have some short term goals like cleaning out closets and organizing the playroom. I have some long term goals such as seeing myself 35 pounds lighter (not sure how long this will take) but I am walking on the treadmill daily and working out with my core secrets exercise ball and video. All of those things are good, but when I truly think of the future I like to reflect on these verses found in John 14:1-3 King James Version " Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me. In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also." That's my true future :-) What complete joy that brings to my soul. I didn't always think of heaven with such joy. Sure I wanted to go and meet Jesus. I like the idea of living forever in paradise vs. the heat of hell, but now as I've gotten older and wiser in my faith I view heaven for what it REALLY is; my future home. So as I start the new year with the bad economy, bad news on the TV, evil on every headline, I know that all is well because the Lord is in control. He has a plan and when he is finished with me I'm going home to be with him. Is Heaven your future home? I pray it will be because I'd like to see you there.

Be a blessing right where you are today.

No comments:

Forget Skinny, Find Healthy