Monday, January 19, 2009

Sanctity of human life Sunday

Yesterday our church celebrated the Sanctity of human life. It was an eye opening Sunday for me. I learned some facts about abortion that I hate to admit I just didn't know. For instance I learned that a woman can legally abort a baby at 9 months old??? I learned that if an abortion is not successful the baby is put on a metal table to die. Those two facts really shocked me. Here are some other abortion facts via website :

Number of abortions per year: 1.37 Million (1996)
Number of abortions per day: Approximately 3,700

52% of women obtaining abortions in the U.S. are younger than 25:

18% of all abortions are performed on women who identify themselves as "Born-again/Evangelical".

A young woman from our church stood before our Sunday school class and told us how she had an abortion at the age of 14. She was 14 weeks pregnant. She was young and scared and no one asked her how she felt. She was not given the choice of adoption. She was taken to the clinic by a parent and had the abortion. She said she felt numb and empty afterward. She has carried that burden with her for years until something she heard in a church service changed her thoughts. She connected with someone who worked at the Carolina Pregnancy Center and learned of a class she could take to help her deal with those post abortion emotions she'd been carrying around. I don't remember all that she said but I just have to share this part of her healing with you. The counselor at CPC told her to name her baby and dedicate him/her to the Lord. That just floored me (what an awesome thing to do). I have not experienced this first hand, nor have I ever had a friend confide in me that this is something they've done. To hear her story just touched my heart. I can't help but think someone out there, maybe even one of my readers might know someone touched by abortion. If so please encourage them to seek counseling. This young woman waited 10 years to get counseling; it's never to late. I don't know what could bring more peace than naming your unborn baby and dedicating him or her to the Lord. We know without a doubt that all of those babies are in heaven, so we need to encourage these ladies to mourn no more. We need to tell them that Jesus loves them and Satan is the one weighing them down with the past. Tell them to look toward heaven and pray and ask Jesus into their heart and they will see their baby again. God is so good. Email me if you have any questions at susanbneal@gmail.com or if you live in the upstate of SC call the Carolina Pregnancy Center at 864-582-4673 You don't have to carry this burden alone.

No comments:

Forget Skinny, Find Healthy