Thursday, April 16, 2009

It is a slow fade

There's a very powerful song by Casting Crowns called Slow Fade. I have it posted on my blog today for you to listen to. I've heard it in the car on the past 3 trips I've taken. The words are so powerful and very true. One thing about the song that has caught my attention is listed in the 3rd line; I've posted below:

Be careful little eyes what you see
It's the second glance that ties your hands
As darkness pulls the strings

It's the 2nd glance that ties your hands, as darkness pulls the strings ... darkness? I've been listening to Focus on the Family this week as they have discussed how men have an issue with being the ones "glancing" at women. The focus of this weeks radio show was to let women know that just because your husband "glances" at a woman doesn't mean he's looked on her with lust, as to commit adultery in his heart. According to the show men are wired to look at women, glancing is normal ... it's the second glance that causes trouble. The second glance is being orchestrated by darkness ( sure you are ultimately the one choosing to look again, but darkness is right there cheering you on). That's when you have to remember to stand on what the Bible says: "Therefore let him who thinks he stands take heed that he does not fall. No temptation has overtaken you but such as is common to man; and God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will provide the way of escape also, so that you will be able to endure it."1 Corinthians 10:12, 13

That's how you overcome darkness, with God's Holy Word. I love my husband and he loves me, but in this world of "Sex sells advertising" we all have to be careful of what we see. "Be of sober spirit, be on the alert. Your adversary, the devil, prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour. But resist him, firm in your faith, knowing that the same experiences of suffering are being accomplished by your brethren who are in the world."
1 Peter 5:8-9

I don't know why I keep hearing this song and thinking on it's message. I do know that I have a small voice with this blog and someone may need this word through me from the Lord. "If we confess our sins, He is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness."
1 John 1:9

It's never to late to do the right thing. "Now to Him who is able to keep you from stumbling, and to make you stand in the presence of His glory blameless with great joy, to the only God our Savior, through Jesus Christ our Lord, be glory, majesty."
Jude 24-25a

Oh, be careful little eyes what you see
Oh, be careful little eyes what you see
For the Father up above is looking down in love
Oh, be careful little eyes what you see

God bless you today.

No comments:

Forget Skinny, Find Healthy