Friday, September 2, 2011


My daughter, who I love so much, did great last week in school. I give God all praise for releasing her of the anxiety; she is like a new kid. Over the weekend she helped her dad collect food for "Food From the Heart", food drive our church held. She was in and out of a motorcycle trailer (pictured above) loading and unloading bags of food. When she got home she said her ear was hurting and from her voice I knew her sinuses were draining. Well, unfortunately we had to go to the doctor yet again on Monday. She was given a shot and an antibiotic for her sinus/upper respiratory infection. Again she had to miss school, thus more make-up work. I am praising the Lord today that she has been in class the past 3 days and seems to be much better. Today is her last day to take the Z-pak and hopefully after a long weekend she will be on track with all of her classmates next week. I don't expect any special treatment from her teachers, but if you'll pray for them to at least be understanding of the fact that we didn't choose these sicknesses ... they have come on her and we just have to deal with them. After homeschooling for the past two years and not having to be accountable to anyone (other than 2 yearly letters) I can say it is a little stressful for me. Continue to pray for our family and this adjustment. She may be their 7th grader, but she will always be my little girl :-)

From the heart of a momma.

2 Corinthians 12:9 "And He said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength I made perfect in weakness.' Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me."

2 comments:

Cindy Lathan said...

Thanks for allowing me to look at your fowler pots, praying for Olivia! Enjoy your weekend.

Susan said...

Thanks Cindy, you never know what I might come up with :)

Forget Skinny, Find Healthy